Thursday 28 February 2013

Introduction

I first began writing when I started to travel as it was a great way of recording the adventures I was having.  In 2007 I entered a travel writing competition in Holiday Which? about a trip my husband and I had taken to Australia.  To my surprise I won.  I thought to myself "ah this seems easy," but alas, several competition entries later, it remains the only travel writing competition I have won - so far!  I decided to explore various online courses to improve my writing and came across A Start Writing Fiction Course run by the Open University.  This was a three month taster course, which I thoroughly enjoyed so I went on to enroll on the A215 Creative Writing Course.  This course was nine months long and, although harder, I enjoyed it even more and passed with a distinction.  This led to the A363 Advanced Creative Writing Course, which I finished in 2011 and I now have a Diploma in Literature and Creative Writing.

At the moment I am finishing my first novel, which I began as part of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment